Tennessee Baptist Foundation
The Tennessee Baptist Foundation Scholarship is honored to use designated funds to provide annual scholarships for qualified applicants.
Each Applicant will be required to apply each year and to meet, at a minimum, the following requirements: *Failure to do so, will affect considerations for a TBF Scholarship.
Each applicant understands that need is a criterion for evaluation. The following are household income (AGI) requirements to be verified with a copy of the most recent IRS Form 1040, Pages 1 & 2
* Not to exceed $100,000 ($125,000 for families with two students in college)
* Not to exceed $150,000 for families with three students in college
- A resident of Tennessee for at least one year prior to making application.
- A current or former member of a church cooperating with the Tennessee Baptist Mission Board. (If applicant is attending an out-of-state institution, he/she must be a current or former member of a Tennessee Baptist Mission Board church).
- Accepted by a seminary affiliated with and supported by the Southern Baptist Convention.
- A full-time or part-time student in a master’s or doctoral degree program. NOTE Scholarship amounts will be awarded based on number of hours taken each semester.
- To have and maintain a cumulative 2.5 GPA.
- Submit a testimony and letter of recommendation. The testimony will include ministry service within the past year.
*Please Note: Previous applicants are to include at least one paragraph explaining how the Lord has worked in their life during the past year.
*Please Note: Failure to do so will disqualify applicant application.
- Each Applicant will be evaluated according to;
- Financial need and/or extenuating family circumstances
- Academic performance as reflected on transcript of grades
- Current ministry involvement
Please Note: Fulfilling the “Qualifications to Apply” for a scholarship does not guarantee that you will receive a scholarship.
SCHOLARSHIP APPICATION DEADLINE April 30.
Applicants will be notified by August 1 if they have received a scholarship. If you have not heard anything by August 6, please contact the TBF.
If you have questions, please email Bonnie Sneed at email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in the TBF annual scholarship. The application deadline for 2022 has now passed, but please make sure to apply next year!