Tennessee Baptist Foundation Scholarship
The Tennessee Baptist Foundation Scholarship is honored to use designated funds to provide annual scholarships for qualified applicants.
Each Applicant will be required to apply each year and to meet, at a minimum, the following requirements: *Failure to do so, will affect considerations for a TBF Scholarship.
Each applicant understands that need is a criterion for evaluation. The following are household income (AGI) requirements to be verified with FAFSA Electronic Student Aid Report (required for application)
* Not to exceed $125,000 ($150,000 for families with two students in college)
* Not to exceed $175,000 for families with three or more students in college
Scholarship amounts awarded each year range from $500 to $2,000 per student
- A resident of Tennessee for at least one year prior to making application.
- A current or former member of a church cooperating with the Tennessee Baptist Mission Board. (If applicant is attending an out-of-state institution, he/she must be a current or former member of a Tennessee Baptist Mission Board church).
- Accepted by an accredited college or university for undergraduate study, or an accredited medical, dental or pharmacy program as a full-time student. “Full-time” is as defined by the educational institution.
- To have and maintain a cumulative GPA as follows:
Freshmen 2.5 – High School GPA and ACT of 18 or higher or SAT of 860 or higher
Sophomore – 2. 5
Junior – 2.7
Senior – 3.0
Medical – 3. 0
- Submit a testimony and letter of recommendation. The testimony will include ministry service within the past year.
*Please Note: Previous applicants are to include at least one paragraph explaining how the Lord has worked in their life during the past year.
*Please Note: Failure to do so will disqualify applicant application.
- Each Applicant will be evaluated according to;
- Financial need and/or extenuating family circumstances
- Academic performance as reflected on transcript of grades
- Current ministry involvement
Please Note: Fulfilling the “Qualifications to Apply” for a scholarship does not guarantee that you will receive a scholarship.
*** NEW DEADLINE – SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION DEADLINE April 15th
All applicants will be notified regarding scholarship awards by August 1. Please contact the Foundation office if you have not received notification regarding the status of your application by August 6.
If you have questions, please email Bonnie Sneed at email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in the TBF annual scholarship. The application deadline for 2023 has now passed, but please make sure to apply next year!