Tennessee Baptist Foundation
Special Project Grant Requests
The intent of this program is to assist Tennessee Baptist church, entity, or institution
that is in cooperation with the Tennessee Baptist Mission Board (TBMB) to provide
assistance with projects that will have an impact on Kingdom growth. The project
must be a new initiative of the church that will assist in the ministry of the
church. These grants are not available for personnel expenses, capital campaigns,
building projects or ongoing programs of the ministry.
In keeping with the purpose and intent of the TBF Special Grants Program the following
projects will not be eligible for grant funding through the TBF.
- Requests for individuals.
- Requests to fund non-Southern Baptist Convention projects unless sponsored
by a TBMB affiliated organization.
- Requests to fund ongoing staff/personnel expenses.
- Requests to fund ongoing programs that are part of the annual budgeted expenses
of the church/organization making the request.
Funding Request Expense
The purpose of the grant is to supplement the existing funds of the applicant to assist with
support for the project. The applicant must have 50% of the funding to receive the grant funds. Grant awards can be no greater than $10,000 and no more than 50% of the total cost of the project. An award to a specific church/organization can be received not more than once every three years.
Special Project Grant Request Application
All request for grant funding must be in writing. A Tennessee Baptist Foundation – Special Projects Grant Form Application must be completed and submitted to the TBF office for consideration. (Forms may be found on the TBF website )
- The application requirements include a detailed statement of project purpose and
how this will assist the church/organization in impacting Kingdom growth initiatives.
- As stated on the application, the applicant must fund at least 50% of the grant request.
- The applicant request recipient must provide a follow up report that details how the award dollars were dispersed. If this follow-up report is not received, the organization will not be eligible for future awards.
- An award of a Special Project Grant is not guaranteed and is made at the absolute discretion of the Tennessee Baptist Foundation.
- Copy of the organization’s Operating Budget for the year.