Tennessee Baptist Foundation
Fall 2017 – Spring 2018 Academic Year
Deadline for Application – April 30, 2017
Instructions for Completing the 2017 – 2018
TENNESSEE BAPTIST FOUNDATION
Please print the following files and fill them out in their entirety. The form below will ask you to upload the completed copies of these files. These files are required.
Please include the following information:
- Submit Completed Application
- Upload a one-page, typed (single space, no more than 750 words, 12pt font) summary of your Christian conversion, what God is doing in your life and how the vocation you are pursuing will relate to ministry
- Freshmen must submit High School Official Transcript. All other students may submit a copy of your grades THROUGH THE FALL 2016 SEMESTER. (Online copy is acceptable)
- Copy of your FAFSA Electronic Student Aid Report (SAR) (Pages 1-4)
- Church Information Sheet – signed by a church staff member
- Release of Information Form
TENNESSEE BAPTIST FOUNDATION
PO BOX 728
BRENTWOOD, TENNESSEE 37024-0728
If you have questions, please contact Bonnie Sneed: (615) 371-2029 or (800) 552-4644
Your completed application must submitted no later than April 30, 2017. Incomplete applications and applications not submitted to the Tennessee Baptist Foundation office on or before the deadline are automatically disqualified. The Foundation assumes no responsibility in notifying you of an incomplete application.
QUALIFICATIONS TO APPLY
• The Tennessee Baptist Foundation Scholarship is an annual scholarship. You must apply every year to be considered for scholarship assistance. Since need is a criterion for evaluation, household income must not exceed $100,000 ($125,000 for families with two children in college; $150,000 for families with three students in college) as verified by your FAFSA Electronic Student Aid Report (required for application).
• Applicant must have been a resident of Tennessee for at least one year prior to making application.
• Applicant must be a member of a church cooperating with the Tennessee Baptist Convention. (If applicant is attending an out-of-state institution, he/she must be a current or former member of a Tennessee Baptist Convention church).
• Applicant must be enrolled as a full-time student in an accredited college or university for undergraduate study, or an accredited medical, dental or pharmacy program. “Full-time” is defined by the educational institution.
• Applicant must have and maintain the following criteria and cumulative GPAs:
Freshman 2.5 – High School GPA
ACT – 18 or SAT – 860
Applicants will be evaluated on (1) financial need as reported on applicant’s FAFSA report and/or extenuating family circumstances, (2) academic performance as reflected on transcript of grades, and (3) involvement in ministry service, which include: church, Baptist Collegiate Ministries and other religious ministries.
Note: Fulfilling the “Qualifications to Apply” for a scholarship does not guarantee that you will receive a scholarship.
ALL APPLICANTS will be notified regarding scholarship awards by August 1. Please contact the Foundation office if you have NOT received notification regarding the status of your application by August 6.