Seminary Scholarship Qualifications
Qualifications to Apply for a Seminary Scholarship:
- The Tennessee Baptist Foundation Scholarship is an annual scholarship. You must apply each year to be considered for scholarship assistance.
- Applicant must have been a resident of Tennessee for at least one year prior to making application.
- Applicant must be a current or former member of a church affiliated with the Tennessee Baptist Convention.
- Applicant must be accepted by a seminary affiliated with and supported by the Southern Baptist Convention.
- Applicant must be full-time student in a master’s degree program (does not include doctoral programs). “Full-time” is as defined by the seminary you are attending.
- Applicant must have and maintain a cumulative 2.5 GPA.
- Applicant must submit a copy of most recent W-2 Forms.
- Applicant must submit a completed application on or before the deadline for applications.
Applicants will be evaluated on (1) financial need and/or extenuating family circumstances, (2) academic performance as reflected on official transcript of grades, and (3) testimony of applicant’s sense of calling and goals in ministry.
All applicants will be notified regarding Seminary Scholarships by August 1, 2014. Please contact the Foundation office if you have not received notification regarding the status of your application by August 6, 2014.
Note: Fulfilling the "Qualifications to Apply" for a scholarship does not guarantee that you will receive a scholarship.